Becoming a stablehand
The holder of a Stablehand licence is licensed to perform stable duties under the supervision or instructions of a licensed trainer as follows:
- Carry out track work, assist with the training, management, care and control of horses, assist with the pre-race preparation and post- race procedures affecting a horse.
- Each licence type may require different documentation. Please view the licence application form and include all documentation to ensure your application is not delayed.
- All new applications or applicants who have not been licensed for more than six (6) months must submit a current ‘National Police Certificate with their application for licence.
To be eligible for a stablehand licence you must:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Submit a completed application form
- Signed letter of reference from the licensed training you will be assisting
- Current National Police Certificate
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence or birth certificate
- Passport photograph
Click here for application form