Effective from February 18, 2021, the following are to be observed at all Victorian harness and trial venues:
- All licensed persons, owners and officials must wear a properly fitted face mask at all times when indoors (including drivers’ rooms, stewards’ rooms and veterinary room and covered horse stalls such as Tabcorp Park Melton, Ballarat, Shepparton etc.), unless you have a government permitted exemption (i.e., medical condition). All persons are also required to wear a properly fitted face mask outdoors when directed by a club official or HRV steward and when they are unable to maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres from other persons.
- All persons are reminded to exercise appropriate physical distancing protocols and to maintain 1.5-metre distancing wherever possible.
- QR Code has been implemented for use at all racetracks and trial venues, and all licensed participants and essential staff are encouraged to only use the QR Form, which gives HRV immediate data should it be required for any contract tracing requirements.
- Temperature testing remains in place at all race meetings for industry participants and essential staff until otherwise directed.
- Trainers, drivers and stablehands must leave race meeting as soon as possible upon fulfilling their obligations in accordance with the Australian Harness Racing Rules (i.e., after completion of swabbing procedures, attendance before stewards etc.).
- Participants should pre-pack enough food and supplies for the duration of their engagement at race meetings.
- There will no longer be restrictions regarding the number of stablehands permitted to attend racetracks with accompanied licensed trainers. Stewards and officials will continue to monitor this situation at racetracks.
- All other industry protocols remain in effect and any non-compliance may be subject to action by HRV stewards.
- All persons are advised that should they fail to comply with any of these requirements, significant penalties, including periods of disqualification, may be imposed under AHRR 238.
- Children of licensed persons are strictly not permitted in the stabling area at racetracks.
AHRR 238 states: A person shall not fail to comply with any order, direction or requirement of the Controlling Body or the Stewards relating to harness racing or to the harness racing industry.
These measures have been put in place to ensure that harness racing complies with all bio-security requirements and must be adhered to ensure that harness racing in Victoria continues under the current State Government restrictions.